Monday, June 29, 2009

corset

This is what I actually wore to my friend's play. After a half hour of putting on clothes, taking off clothes, growling, and stomping around in frustration, I decided on this outfit. The dress was the starting point, but then I added a corset on the outside, and a slip showing underneath so it would make the dress longer. The finishing touch was a pair of killer vintage shoes and a clutch.

This look definitely drew a lot of stares, but I think that the whole underwear-as-outerwear worked out well...I'm glad I'm starting to take more risks and discover the full potential of every outfit!




In other news...I'm so excited because a friend from England is coming to visit! It's kind of a long story...her grandma and my grandma started being pen pals like in the 1930's. They still communicate and got us (their granddaughters) on to it when we were about six. So, we have been writing letters back and forth since then and only just started emailing, as well. Now she is visiting and we're meeting for the first time - I can't wait!

8 comments:

jayne said...

wow stunning outfit, I love the creativity behind it so unique and worth getting stares for! i bet they were envious hehe

Who are you Weesha? said...

Love love love this look! so romantic and pretty!!

Alegra said...

awesome, great outfit!
xxx

Hippiegirl said...

this is really, really beautiful!

Fashion and more said...

what a great idea of the corset on top and the slip at the bottom, the shoes are great too, you looked fab !!!

NODtoMOD said...

gorgeous! i love taking risks. makes it worth the all the nerves! xo

karl's sweet child said...

lovely :)

elena-lu said...

good times ahead with friends woot!
you look so lovely in this outfit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...