Wednesday, June 3, 2009

orange sherbet


Look! I organized my extra books (that don't fit onto a bookcase) into color-coded stacks! Yay - except now I can't reach the last shelf of my two bookcases (yeah, I have a lot of books), but oh well...at least it looks sweeter now.

This is what I wore to work today...

I got this hat at an antique store for $9, and it's actually more of a light orange color than it looks in the pictures. Below there's a close up picture of the hat and of the awesome-ly massive earrings I wore with it.

I am very into accessories lately, especially hats, jewelry, belts, and purses (wait, that's like all of them...well, I guess I'm especially into all accessories lately). Accessories are the things that top off the outfit, or to finish it when it's not quite complete. They also might add an unexpected flair or pop of color, or change the style of the outfit altogether.

However, I never like to overdo it on anything when it comes to fashion, I want to look effortless and not like I try too hard, you know what I mean (sometimes you have to try very very hard to look effortless, I'm finding out)?

8 comments:

Terence Sambo said...

u shld give away ur old novels to charity :o]

Lovely belt :o]

C.B. said...

tha hat is so cute!!!

Who are you Weesha? said...

you're too freakin cute- love the hat!!

karl's sweet child said...

organizing books by color?? omg !

elena-lu said...

dude love that close up of you with that hat sooo cute!! and wow what a great hat! good find! im always looking for hats but i never such awesomeness, wait i lie i have one hat that i lvoe ok i should take that out and post it later this week! cool idea about the color books that always looks way cool i have tons too but mine arent pretty!

Nox said...

You look great! I love that hat!

You're right. Accesoires are the most important part of an outfit. I can't even imagine to not wear jewelry.

MissRedLips said...

you can never have too many books, i say! and i've never thought of organizing mine by color coding them- what a fashionable and creative idea!

Cait said...

that is a very cool hat. like the ear rings too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...