Wednesday, December 9, 2009

may your days be merry and bright...

So, today I woke up and immediately checked my university website to see if they had closed because of the snow. Nope. Then, I put on my snow-shoveling gear and headed out to help my dad shovel our driveway. Let me tell you, this is not nice soft fluffy snow. This snow is heavy and wet. It took us about an hour to shovel our driveway. Seriously. Then I went and shoveled part of my Grandma's driveways as well. After all the shoveling business I had to get off to school. Half an hour later I'm pulling into University Drive and there are no other cars. Oh yes. The campus was closed and classes had been canceled. Brilliant. I only wish I'd known before I risked life and limb by driving in blizzard conditions.

Now...this is not what I wore. This is one of the outfits I changed into when I was playing winter themed dress up in front of my mirror. Look at all the snow!


This is what I wore last week when I went to lunch with my Grandma. I'm having so much fun with this great coat!




I was also given an award by Poisoned Amour...the Lovely Lemonade Award. I have absolutely have no idea what lemonade has to do with anything, but hey. I will tag Kallie from Happy, Honey, and Lark. Thanks Kallie for all your lovely lemons (whatever that means...!) and larks.

So. My school closed and I didn't have to go into work because it was deadsville. So I'm sitting on my couch blogging and listening to The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late). With a blanket on as it is freezing in my house. And watching the snow fall out the window.

ALVIN!!!
Ok!

15 comments:

jane said...

love your style so much!!! your coat seems to be really cool...
Bons baisers de France.

wardrobeexperience said...

I'm so in love with this coat. It looks so fantastic paired with this electric blue dress.
xx

Jen said...

well at least you got a work out from all that shoveling :) that coat is just ferocious, it never gets old!

Sher said...

Snow always seem so romantic to me, guess it's not all dreamy in real life! Shoveling snow seems like hard work to me:P

I love that coat, you look fabulous in it! I would totally wear something like that if it were snowing here too:)

Velo said...

i heart your leopard coat!

love, S said...

Oh boy! SNOW!! It's still crazy-cool because it's summer here in NZ and you've got SNOW! Lovein' the outfit btw :D WIN!

lavender summer said...

Lovely fur!

Nadine said...

The blue dress is awesome with the great coat :).

Patty Ann said...

omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg i LOVEEEEEEEEEEE that coat. the first picture is freaking awesome with all that snow in the background!!!! its perfect weather for this jacket!!! so sorry i haven't been around lately, im going to chekc out your older posts now!!
xxx

AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

dapper kid said...

Absolutely loving that coat!! I'm kinda wishing for snow, but I don't particularly want to deal with the problems that go with lol. Congratulations on the award. Hope you're having a beautiful week :)

Clara said...

omg! i love your look.
the blazer is so PERFECT!!
xxx

Londyn said...

Seriously drooling over that coat! That first pic is amazing -- it could be used as a Christmas card :)

kimi said...

This coat is really amazing.
I think the fest faux fur I saw so far. It's incredibly chic!

nonsenseofthetruth said...

Oh thanks! Very sweet of you, we both love your outfits very much too :). Indeed, it's really cool to take pictures in the snow, it's only like really cold outside, but that's normal ;). The fur coat is just amazingg! xoxo

Naddl said...

this outfit hast some kind of dita-von-theese-touch :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...