Tuesday, December 21, 2010

but you can do the job when you're in town

I stumbled upon this beautiful hat when I was in Door County this past fall. It was in a corner of an antique store booth looking rather lonely, so for $12, I figured I'd better give it a home.

I played around with several different scarves before finally deciding on this (also furry) collar. Even though it's a different color than the hat, I think it works well in adding more texture to the entire outfit.

DSC06933

DSC06957 - Copy

It's been such a long time since I busted out the red lipstick, but something about the furry accents and the bright red nail varnish called for it.

DSC06947 - Copy

DSC06948 - Copy

DSC06943 - Copy

DSC06934 - Copy

DSC06940 - Copy

dress (underneath) - thrifted Tucker for Target ; cargo dress - thrifted ;
blouse - vintage ; hat - vintage ; collar - vintage ; leggings - Wet Seal ;
socks - JC Penny ; shoes - Charlotte Russe ; gloves - H&M

6 comments:

vogueish said...

oh i love the layering and you look terrific in the cold...
heart your boots...!!!!!

My Passport to Style said...

Hi there, sweetie, just wanted to wish you a very happy Christmas and to say you make a perfect snow queen! Loving the fur and red lipstick! Check out my Mulberry posts if you get chance, my stylish friend! Sharon xx

tess said...

So Dr. Zhivago! love the hat!

captain kimi said...

I love the cargo dress. It looks a,azing with all the fur. Like a russian soldier ^^

I finally manged to post the feature about you. you can check it out here
Thanks for answering my questions!

love, kimi

Juliet said...

LOVE the pictures!
amazing outfit!
you look gorgeous!
xxx darling!

Alex said...

Love the shoes!!! I also like these by Charlotte Russe!
http://blog.timesunion.com/kristi/files/2009/10/CRshoes.jpg

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...