Friday, December 17, 2010

such a long, long time back

The ladies I work with organized an "ugly sweater party" for the holidays. Those who didn't ask to borrow a sweater from me (what were they insinuating?!) went out and thrifted their own. Of course, afterwords, they all wanted to unload their "ugly" sweaters on me, and, boy, did I let them! This particular vest was given to me by my manager - I love the sheep! How could she let it go?

DSC06855 - Copy

DSC06861 - Copy

I love the circular scarf trend - this one was left over on the sale racks at H&M for $5. They always remind me of the Thneeds from The Lorax...

This thing is a Thneed.
A
Thneed's a Fine-Something-That-All-People-Need!
It's a shirt. It's a sock. It's a glove, It's a hat.
But it has other uses. Yes, far beyond that.
You can use it for carpets. For pillows! For sheets!
Or curtains! Or covers for bicycle seats!"

I will totally wear this scarf around the neck once (like today) or twice, around the shoulders like a shawl, and I even want to try in cross body, Suffragette style - there are so many possibilities.

DSC06866 - Copy

dress - thrifted ; vest - vintage ; scarf - H&M ; gloves - H&M ;
hat - vintage ; shoes - Sherper's ; socks - JC Penny ; tights - Target

5 comments:

cip said...

Pretty tights!

akaCola said...

love your color scheme...the red hat really sets off the entire outfit...oh and cute scarf...can't believe you got it for such a great deal!

Hannah said...

Lucky you for getting all the leftover sweaters! I love how open minded you are about fashion, I'm similar, I try to wear everything regardless of how in style it is!

You really made this sweater vest work, I like that you belted it. It eliminates all the extra bulkiness and looks so chic.

Anna G said...

That's so funny. My best friend has tons of vintage sweaters that many consider "ugly". I did ask her for one for a holiday party.

tess said...

the sheep are amazing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...