Monday, March 21, 2011

every path has its puddle

Spring's rainy days don't bring me down - they promise lush green grass, buds on the trees, and gorgeous flowers to come. In fact, rainy days are my favorite.

DSC07461 - Copy

It's so nice not having to worry about getting my shoes dirty whilst photo-taking! Wellies are made for the mud! I love hearing the mud puddles splash and squelch under my rubber boots.

DSC07462 - Copy

DSC07474 - Copy

DSC07464 - Copy

After dark nails in fall and winter, I am craving light pastels for my fingertips. I was thrilled when I found Essie's "Lilacism." Not only is it the perfect pale purple, lilacs are my favorite flower. (Also, Essie is one of the nail-polish brands that are "Big Three Free," meaning no Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Formaldehyde, or Toluene.)

DSC07482 - CopyDSC07470 - Copy

dress, trench coat, purse, scarf - H&M ; sweater, umbrella - thrifted ;
boots - Liberty of London for Target ; tights - Target


DSC07466 - Copy

New post on the Inspirations page!

15 comments:

Carys said...

I love all the mixed prints, you look so lovely!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Rebecca said...

I wore the same bag to svchool today! haha!:)

http://17-candles.blogspot.com/

Charlie, Feminine Bravery said...

This look is adorable, love the rubber boots!

sara said...

Nice post.newspaper job ads at http://toppakjobs.blogspot.com

emily said...

i love the trench and the tights! and the nail polish is gorgeous :)

captain kimi said...

Oh I'm such a narrow-minded conservative soul. I always thought mixing pastels with pastels is kind of a bad idea. Thanks for proving me wrong and thanks for the wisdom of your headline. I'll keep that in mind.

love, kimi

Dika Dewi said...

I like the scarf..
u Look amazing..

http://kiddieelf.blogspot.com

Imogen said...

Wow you dress beautifully for the raining whether. My rain outfits are so uninspiring because I don't want me clothes to get wet, need to work on that.

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

No wonder you don't mind rainy days, you have gorgeous accessories that are also functional! The umbrella is especially darling. I like all the prints and colors in your outfit, it's very cheerful.

Meredith said...

You look so pretty! You're a great inspiration for the rainy days at my school, where I have to spend a lot of time walking outside to get to class.

Nenou said...

Sweet like a candy!
love the colors and the different patterns, and I desperately want your umbrella!

wardrobeexperience said...

loce your lace tights...

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

tess said...

I love the floral boots paired with the tights!

Jennyboo said...

You look so lovely! I adore that umbrella. It has been raining everyday here so I need to get a few more umbrellas to make my outfit more exciting for all of these dreary conditions. xoxo

Charmalade said...

I want to hug this outfit. Is that ok with you? Because it's precious. It's like you took a little girl and asked her to dress for a rainy day, but this has a sophisticated refinement to it. I also looove nail polish, and yours is perfect for spring!

And you have the best umbrellas. :)

Tosat with Charmalade

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...