Thursday, March 17, 2011

the wind longs to play with your hair

I'd like to take this post to talk about hair. As you probably know, I have unruly curly hair. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that just a year and a half ago it looked like this:

DSC02942 - softened

More recently, it has looked like this and this:

DSC06181 - Copy

DSC05824 - Copy

Today it looked like this:

DSC07450 - Copy

Whhhhat?!? It's straight! Why? Because the fabulous people at Misikko sent me a beautiful Hana Flat Iron to review! Now, let me tell you - I've only had my hair straightened about three times in my entire life. Each time took forever (and two times were in a salon). It took me about fifteen minutes (not even) to achieve this straight look with this iron. I loooooove the results! My hair was so sleek and silky - I couldn't keep my hands off of it all day. Not only does the Hana Flat Iron work quickly and effectively, it also has some other nice features including:
  • ceramic plates
  • an adjustable heat settings (140-450 degrees F)
  • an independent on/off switch
  • a sleek, streamlined design that is easy to hold
  • it's fast heating
  • a two-year warranty
  • it's pink!

DSC07453 - CopyDSC07455 - Copy

The people at Misikko are very friendly and pleasant to work with. My package arrived much sooner than I expected and it even contained a few extra goodies. I would definitely recommend Misikko to anyone looking for any professional hair styling tools. They boast a wide variety of sleek ceramic hair straighteners, hair dryers, curling irons, and other hair care products.

DSC07451 - CopyDSC07450 - Copy

Thanks to my boyfriend for taking today's pictures.

DSC07452 - CopyDSC07456 - Copy

14 comments:

Evelina said...

I love your hair curly (seriously, I wish I can have curly hair), but straight hair looks great on you as well. :)

-Evelina
effervescentevelina.blogspot.com

tess said...

your hair is amazing! I'm jealous you can get so many different styles out of it. The curls are perfect. However it looks great straightened too as demonstrated in this post

Hannah said...

I have noticed that your hair has grown crazy quick in the last year and a half!

Wow, the straight is such a huge difference!! Seriously only 15 minutes?! I also have very curly hair (although mines not thick) but to straighten it myself takes at least an hour of my time. I will certainly look into a product like that. haha

It seemed like ages ago you said you had donated your hair. Are you growing it out to do that again?

Nikki said...

you look great with straight hair! ... and with the curls ^^ isn't it a lot of work to get your hair flat ironed like this? x

Brea Marie said...

you look ADORABLE with straight hair! so gorgeous. Its always nice to change things up, but I LUUUUURRRRRVE your curly hair too! its so beautiful!

Imogen said...

I love your natural curly hair texture. I would do almost anything to have my hair like that. You look amazing with straight hair as well and the straightener sounds impressive since it took you only 15 minutes.

Charmalade said...

As a person who has chronically straight hair (being Asian can uh, do that to you), I firmly admire all unruly and curly hair. Your hair is like... so shiny and it holds all the tree nymphs in the world.

I mean, what? That was poetry. Attempt at poetry.

But seriously, you look gorgeous with curly or straight hair. Oddly enough, you totally remind me of Minnie Driver a bit. Am I the first or last person to have said that?

Toast with Charmalade

Karin said...

so cute...I am loving the curls xxx

Teresa said...

Oh my! You're the second blogger that reviewed this flat iron! Both giving good reviews! Now I'm really curious... :)

   ♥ Teresa ♥
- Pretty Dandy -

Weesha said...

You know I love your curls but you look lovely with straight hair too!

Ioana Liliana said...

You're very cute with straight hair, but curly is how I love it :)


Fashezine

WILDasaMINK said...

woah! you're a completely different woman! I got to review the hana flat iron too, did you get the bubblegum pink color? It sorta made my hair static-y, but I love it, it heats up so fast right?

Erin said...

AHH....I LOVE the straight hair!

Raspberry & Rouge said...

Love the jacket! Well done! XO Raspberry & Rouge

http://raspberry-rouge.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...