Wednesday, October 19, 2011

love is the bridge



I first laid eyes on this dress from behind the mannequin who was wearing it. I admired how simple the cut and how soft the material looked. Then when I walked around to the front of it, I fell head over heels for the laser-cut design. I love pieces that can be worn in multiple seasons and this is such a dress; it was made for fall, but it will be absolutely gorgeous in spring and summer months paired with flowered crowns and bare legs. Well, even though I liked the dress, the price on the tag scared me away. Imagine my delight when perusing the racks almost a whole season later to find one lonely one hidden on a sale rack!


And now...the most amazing fall sweater EVER. I found it on the racks at a thrift store last winter and couldn't wait to bust it out for fall. I was just throwing it on over this outfit for warmth and didn't intend to wear it for the actual pictures, but it actually looked super appropriate so I thought why not?




dress, bracelets - H&M ; sweater - thrifted ; shoes - Charlotte Russe ; tights - Worthington ; necklace - DIY'd

10 comments:

Alex said...

O I really like the sweater with those sexy shoes!!

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

Lovely sweater layered over those perfect tights~
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
I'm having a giveaway...

Bria said...

oh my. you best watch your closet. because i am going to steel both of those!!!
that sweater was such an amazing find! i am so jealous of your thrifting skills!

Mary Lou said...

oh i wanted to buy this dress too, but when i tried it on it was way to short for me:( really love how it look on you and how you weared it with the burgundy tights and this fabulous clogs!! great look!
love and kiss,mary

http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

wardrobeexperience said...

love the chunky cardi and the amazing colour of those tights...

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Meredith, Loverly Geek said...

J'adore, my dear. Love that dress, love the color of the tights with it, all together it looks beautiful on you!

Bria said...

thank you for the very sweet comment. i know i already commented on this, but it totally made my night! so i just had to let you know :) love ya lady

Winda Tiodang said...

I AM A NEW FASHION BLOGGER FROM INDONESIA, LIVING IN SINGAPORE.
I LOVE YOUR BLOG,AND YOU AS WELL ! NICE POST!! I AM NOW FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG,YOU CAN CHECK IT!! IT WOULD BE AN HONOUR IF YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG:

seekthesleek.blogspot.com
if you follow my blog:
- I WILL BE ACTIVE ON COMMENTING YOUR POSTS
- I WILL RECOMMEND YOUR POSTS TO GOOGLE
- I WILL SHARE YOUR POSTS TO MY TWITTER : @TIODANG
PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT, SO I CAN MENTION YOU IF I SHARE YOUR POST TO MY TWITTER,
AND FEEL FREE TO MENTION ME IF YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR NEWEST POST & COMMENT IT!
- I WILL PROMOTE YOUR BLOG IN MY BLOG (*this one need a special request , please contact me: cheeringwinda@yahoo.com if you are interested!)
*THAT IS AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IN TOUCH WITH MY BLOG TOO!!*

P.S: THE FOLLOW BUTTON IS AT THE TOP LEFT OF MY BLOG

kaity said...

those shoes are absolutely wonderful. i've been craving a pair of clogs for the fall and winter months! so lovely. x

Teddi said...

isn't interesting how it looks like 2 completely different, but still very good outfits with, & without the sweater?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...