Sunday, November 13, 2011

a place to call my own


We moved in June and I've finally just put together my little corner space. It feels so good to have a little spot for all my pretty things - I hate having them strewn all over the room or shoved in drawers and boxes where you can't see them. All the key pieces were either handed down to me or thrifted. The shelf I've hung all my necklaces from on the left is actually a vintage thimble holder (thanks to my boyfriend's mom for helping us figure out what it was supposed to be used for). It helps keep my favorite necklaces easily accessible and free from tangles. We bought that and the two other shelves at a thrift store for .99 - 1.99 each. The shoe shelf was a score for $5. It holds nine pairs of shoes and keeps them off the floor and out of their boxes for me to see. I also pushed a tack into the side of it so it can hold one of my purses. The round mirror was also a thrift find - for only $5 - I was expecting upwards of twenty dollars, but was thrilled to see the lower price. There is a tray on the dresser and one on the shoe shelf - they also help keep my jewelry organized. The one on the shoe shelf is a gorgeous mirrored tray - I love keeping my rings on it. Both trays were $1.99.

All these items were acquired over months and months of thrifting trips and everything else I had brought with me from my parent's house. Now that this set up is in place I hope to add more personal touches like photos, flowers, and other artwork.

13 comments:

Waponi said...

I like your shoes shelves! It's much better than my double decker under the bed method.

The Jones said...

Your house is so CUTE! I love it. You've done a great job with decorating, it looks like...and organizing.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

The Jones said...

I love the way you've decorated...it looks like your house is really cute! I just moved in June too, but I still haven't gotten my mirrors/pictures/etc put up...alas.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Bad Joan said...

Love this space, it's so organized!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

Sher said...

How exciting! I love how you've decorated your new space. Totally adore those trays, I wish I can find some for my own home:)

xoxo said...

Wow you're so neat!
My room would never look like that even if I wanted it too ^_^
I love the little shoe shelf, nice touch.
Xoxo

Forever Fashion said...

Love your collection of shoes!! I truly love this idea and it's soo inspirational!! LOVELY!


fashionqueen294.blogspot.com

ZombieLace said...

I SERIOUSLY need tips! I want my house to look this clean and put together and CUTE :)

Daisy said...

This looks lovely and organised !

Andrea Lynne Rose said...

I love the shoe shelf and It's amazing that it was so cheap!

-andrea lynne rose

wardrobeexperience said...

love the shoe shelf. very decorative.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Maria- CityLaundry said...

ooh! i love the vintage feel of you room!
its too cute! i love where the necklaces are hanging!
xx

Satin And Salt said...

I love this little corner, I seriously JUST reorganized my room!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...