Sunday, November 13, 2011

what those blustery winds blew in


The winds were certainly blowing today - they blew the frigid weather away and replaced it with unbelievably beautiful 60 degree weather. I was thankful to have only worked in the morning because then I went straight out to play at the park.

I was also glad because I got to wear this awesome dress I picked up last week at a thrift store. The minute I got it home I had to perform emergency surgery on it to remove the hideous shoulder pads, but now it's pretty much perfect. There is an excess of fabric (look how much I can hold out on the skirt above), so if I don't belt it it's pretty much a shapeless blob. But that's ok - I just belt it and then twirl to my heart's content. Speaking of twirling - here is a tip from me. Plain black cotten spandex shorts. Get some. They hug your legs so they will not interrupt the silhouette of a dress, and they will most definitely save you from any peek-a-boo moments during a spontaneous twirl, rakish winds, or any other potentially embarrassing situations. I have several pairs of these shorts left over from my days as a volleyball player and I am thankful for them every time I put them on - trust me they will save you and give you peace of mind. I certainly took advantage today - this twirly dress paired with the unforgiving gusts of wind called for them.









dress, hat, belt, jewelry - vintage ; purse - vintage Coach ; tights - Target ; shoes - H&M

30 comments:

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

"emergency surgery" haha I do the SAME thing to clothes with shoulder pads. You look lovely. Its been absurdly warm here too!

Forever Fashion said...

This is such a cute photo sequence!! I love your dress soo much!! I'm following you right now! You have great style! must look at your other posts!!

fashionqueen294.blogspot.com

BTW Thank you sooo much for commenting on my blog!!

ftashion said...

These photos are beautiful. What a perfect dress for an autumn backdrop. Love the photo of you sitting down against the tree.

Fang Ting
ftashion

Teddi said...

beautiful photos of you indy! i like your emergency surgery on the shoulder pads. where is a girl supposed to get these cotton spandex shorts you speak of? i'm about as athletic as a bowling pin.

ZombieLace said...

Such an adorable little Fall look. I want to dance around in leaves in that precious hat!

Carys said...

These photos are so beautiful, and your outfit goes perfectly with the scenery!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

The Jones said...

Ah, this looks exactly like this fabulous 80s-90s maternity dress I thrifted for $3 once...and did ER surgery on to make it a little shorter and slimmer :) Love the floral print and the darling hat and shoes! Looks great.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

Love your hair! x hivenn

Waponi said...

Great dress! I love the colors. Adorable photos as always.(:

freesia said...

So lovely, the dress is so cute! and the place is just a dream!
Freesia

freed mode said...

love this beautiful dress .

Carmen said...

I love these photos and your dress is so pretty!

Carmen Ri.

FROM THE "REZ" TO THE "CITY" said...

All the leaves are beautiful!! Ahhhh FALL!! I love that whimsical dress. The floral dress with the leaves is so amazing! Thank you for your sweet comment! Kiah

patrycja2407 said...

wonderful dress!:)
greetings

Bria said...

I feel bad that i'm constantly writing "I LOVE THIS OUTFIT!" but seriously, I LOVE IT! i just picked up a killer 90s dress today! you look ADORABLE!

pretty please lets get together soon and watch "a hard day's night" and have a beatles party or something ;) i miss you!

My Passport To Style said...

Hi Indy, you must be a dancer you have such musicality to your movement, what a lovely shoot! I'm posting your giveaway prize off tomorow, have not been able to do it soomer as I have been really sick.

Hugs Sharon xxx

www.mypassporttostyle.blogspot.com

Katrina said...

Love love love! I love dark boots and tights with flowy, girly dresses.

Borjana said...

Oh look at you so adorable!Love the dress,the pictures,everything!
xx
B.

The New Girl In Town said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog!
Cute dress;)

xx Laura
www.thenewgirlintown-lauraa.blogspot.com

Sabrina said...

such BEAUTIFUL pictures. terrific. I LOVE them. everything works.

xx-

www.samplesize16.com

yiqin; said...

your hat is SO cute.

Mom Fashion World said...

I absolutely like your dress. Cute retro look!

Thank you very much for your comment on my blog. I'm now your new follower in GFC and would love a follow back. please.

http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Michelle Lee said...

lovely dress :)

www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Jez said...

Woh! You look so beautiful, your outfit is so cute! I love the dress and the hat! So René Magritte!
Have a nice day!
xox!

FashionFreak/Mihaela said...

so pretty

new post - follow me♥mfashionfreak

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Bad Joan said...

Love these pictures! Your dress and hat are so cute!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

wardrobeexperience said...

loooooove this floral dress so much.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Agnes Deer said...

Love your whole outfit so much! Great find at the thrift store! Also love your bag and bowler hat :) Thanks for your comment on my blog, come back and visit whenever you like :)

http://fromheretofashion.blogspot.com/

Sandra said...

It's so funny how shoulder pads were a thing at one point. LOL. Love what you did with the dress.

dina vanessa mercado said...

very lovely pictures!!! you are so gorgeous!!! your outfit chic and fab!!! enjoyed yur blog, following you now, hope you could visit my blog too..kissess!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...