Friday, March 30, 2012

denim daydream


Even though I recently did a denim dress post, I had to do another one because I am in LOVE with this dress I just thrifted. I was soooooo hesitant to get it, but I'm glad I did. Like the other one, I cut a couple of inches off the bottom (but I was careful this time not to cut too much!), and I actually used the scarf-like piece I cut off to cinch the waist. It has an elastic waist, but the dress is pretty old and the elastic isn't so stretchy anymore, but belting it right over the elastic hides it and gives the dress just the right amount of figure. I am totally into the frayed look at the bottom...and it really gives me a reason to not take time to hem it (yay, because you know that'd probably never happen). The dress also has long sleeves that I'm so psyched about for fall, but for now I love the rolled look.

Wearing my hair this way doesn't allow me to wear a hat the way I usually wear it (back more on the crown of my head), but I like the completely different look it gives to wear it down more over my forehead. Today this hat reminds me a little bit of those western hats with the wide brim (I would love this one sooooo much!).






dress - thrifted ; hat - H&M ; purse - vintage Coach ; tights - Target ; boots - Candies ; necklace - DIY'd

15 comments:

The Princess Little Box said...

Lovely!

***
www.theprincesslittlebox.blogspot.com

Meg said...

I swear (not actually swear!) but you could so be a model! I love your blog! Such nice taste! Can you follow me back???

-thisismeandyouwillsee.blogspot.com

Cheap Kicks said...

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog......if you hadn't I wouldn't of found yours, which may I add I love......now following you xxx

The Jones said...

You know, I just might like the hat worn better this way...it's got some kind of Brit vibe to it that I'm really enjoying. Plus those black boots are some of the best I've seen, looooove the heel.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Teddi said...

indy, i'm glad you told us how you did the belt. i was totally gonna ask. i'm digging the boots too.

Mary Lou said...

oh how i love the new look of your blog, this is sooo you! and darling this dress is a denim dream!
lovin also your fabulous hat!
have a great weekend!
kiss,mary

when BABI speaks said...

I like your dress! love the pleated details on top! nice photoshoot location, so cool!

Babi
www.whenbabispeaks.com

lola said...

that denim dress looks lovely ;)*

LILI LOFT said...

This dress is beautiful!
such a good buy!
Avital

Emily Peebles said...

I love this outfit! It's hard to make a thrift store denim dress look good, but you definitely succeeded. I really love the hat as well.

triggermyfashion said...

Your Denim dress suits you beautifully...Always love the way you bring elegance to every outfit!!!

prettymeggy said...

i love denim.. i think its one of the most comfortble to wear!
you look great and love your bag as well :)
take care. xoxo, Haus of Gala

TheTinyHeart said...

What a cute thrifted dress! Love how you paired it with all black, very chic. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Kristian said...

Yes, I quite like the hat like that..

oomph. said...

what a great find! i would have been sold on the pockets alone, lol, but i also love the detailing on the front.

thanks so much for your comment :)
[oomph.]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...