Thursday, March 22, 2012

we all shine on



Thanks to the unseasonably warm weather, I've gotten to break out my summer duds and venture out sans tights. It's awesome! Feeling a warm breeze on my (almost) bare legs is such a great feeling after having them covered for so long. Remember when I re-fashioned this dress ('re-fashioned' in this case meaning cut some length off the bottom...) and accidentally cut it way shorter than I had originally intended? Yes, now, especially without tights, this outfit definitely includes a pair of black spandex shorts underneath. You know, in case any of those warm breezes blow a bit in the wrong direction.

Also, the post I did showcasing these shoelaces (here) got a little tiny feature on the bottom of the American Apparel website (here).









dress, belt, jewelry - thrifted ; hat - vintage ; shoes - Report ; shoelaces - American Apparel ;
socks - Charlotte Russe ; purse - coach ; nail polish - Essie's Sew Psyched

13 comments:

The Princess Little Box said...

You look so cute!

***
www.theprincesslittlebox.blogspot.com

Borjana said...

Looking great,my love!You wear retro looks perfectly!
xx
B.

Imogen said...

Love the dress and your hair looks amazing here!

Carys said...

I love this outfit, especially the shoes and the cut-off hem!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Une parisienne... said...

Denim dress is absolutely essential in all the dressings !! This one is great and even more because you have personalized it ...Good job !!
Kiss from Paris
Trip in my dressing

Sara S ♥ said...

Great outfit! I love the ribbon laces! At times I need to wear spandex shorts under skirts/dresses too. Those pesky breezes! lol
~Sara
sarastrauss.blogspot.com

Teddi said...

indy, congrats on your american apparel nod for your shoelace ribbon idea! :)

Julia Topaz said...

I would totally wear this in heartbeat! love it.

Ishara said...

love the look, i saw your comment on my blog, and i'd like it if we'd follow each other, i like your style and blog ^^
xx ish
http://tiny-heart-beats.blogspot.com/

seacreatures said...

I love this dress on u soooo much. In fact ive been scouring g-will and vinnies for a long denim number to cut and wear since the last time u wore it. I just love that dress!!

Eloquent English said...

I love the shoe laces! What a great delicate touch! xoxo A-

Jennifer said...

I love how you styled this denim dress - very retro!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

LILI LOFT said...

Thank you for your comment on by blog !love youe blog and style!
wiil come back soon :-)
Avital
lililoft.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...