Monday, May 14, 2012

DIY frilly socks


I know I've been absent lately, but that's only because I've been super busy with the movin process and with training for my new job. I am hoping to be back to regular posting soon! Since I have no new photos, I dug back into my archive and brought out this DIY. This has been one of my most popular posts, so I decided to revamp and republish it.


Supplies: 1 pair socks (I used Basic Editions socks from Kmart - $3.99 for 2 pairs), lace (I used garter material from a craft store - about $1.99/yard), needle and thread (optional color), scissors. I was shopping for lace and ended up buying the make-your-own-garter lace. This gives you a place to stitch (along the top at the elastic), and the "flare" of the lace is already there.

Make sure you measure the lace around the circumference of the sock opening (and add a little bit for an overlap) to make sure you get enough. I bought a whole yard and ended up with enough to make two pairs.

1. Align the elastic of the lace with the top of the sock (or wherever you are placing it).
2. Using a running stitch, stitch around the elastic of the lace starting in the back.
3. Make sure and leave a little extra to overlap once you have stitched all the way around.
4. Knot the thread and snip any loose ends.
5. Fluff lace for desired effect.


Click this photo to view the original outfit post.

7 comments:

Une parisienne... said...

Great post I love wearing socks with heels and much more if the socks are homemade...
Thank you for this good DIY and see you soon !
Kiss from Paris
Trip in my dressing

Meg said...

Great DIY! It looks awesome!

Sam said...

Love this! I have to try it, I actually didn't realise how simple it could be to DIY the frills. Thanks dear!

Anni said...

great pictures!
your look is fantastic♥

http://annisherzchen.blogspot.com/

Karolina B-H said...

cute & girly ;)
xxo

Imogen said...

Love this DIY it is so incredibly sweet and beautiful.

Silvia said...

Hola, he conocido su blog y me gusta mucho, desde hoy soy seguidora suya, y le invito a conocer mi blog y encantada si se hace seguidora mia. Besitos

http://silvia-artesaniadelsur.blogspot.com

spbavg1@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...