Wednesday, May 30, 2012

a star spangled memory


When I moved up here to the peninsula, I brought almost every hat that I own. Now, after attempting to wear them a few times since, I'm starting to hesitate. I'm very afraid that one will fly off and land in the water! Of course, only when I'm around the water, but lately that's been all the time I have off from work!

I love this dress...I bought it from an antique store for a mere $10. It's in fabulous condition and a perfect print for the holiday weekend we just had...




dress, hat - vintage ; belt, backpack - thrifted ; shoes - JCPenny ; necklace - DIY'd

14 comments:

The Princess Little Box said...

Love it dear!

***
www.theprincesslittlebox.blogspot.com

Sara S ♥ said...

I love your tough girl chic boots!! They work really well with your flowy dress!
~Sara
sarastrauss.blogspot.com

SomeoneLikeYou said...

Gahh, such a gorgeous dress! And your stare in the last photo is piercing! x

Anna G said...

That dress was so perfect for the holiday. I love the contrast with the military boots.

Teddi said...

indy, it is a super cute dress, & perfect for summer. i have the same problem when i wear my hats in texas. the wind is nearly always blowing it seems. :P

Aine O'hagan said...

love your boots!

The Jones said...

This star print is so fun! And I love the little pleating and seaming details on the dress. Lovly styling as always!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Enter my HANDBAG GIVEAWAY!!!!!!

wardrobeexperience said...

oh yeah, i'm still in love with your stars dress ... living near the water is so great ...

Kristian said...

I like the print on this dress! How cute is that hat too!

Well... said...

Amazing vintage finds! And ah, the wind bothering your hats? Aha, I'd be afraid of that happening too! It gets really windy where I'm at and my hats have flown off on more than one occasion.
Anyway, love this outfit, the dress really is perfect for the Patriotic holidays! :)

Enter to win a Crash and Burn dress!
Trendy Teal

jessica sandoval said...

That last picture is beautiful!

Drew said...

I ADORE your outfit, you styled it just perfectly! and I can't believe that dress was $10 it's lovely!

Dial V for Vintage said...

Oh what an adorable dress, I love the cute star print! And for only $ 10... bargain, lucky you! :)

Beverly Houpt said...

This is awsome. Those boooootsssss.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...