Monday, June 11, 2012

the call of her wooden flute


Lately I've been teaching myself how to play this gorgeous bamboo flute. The tones are rich and wonderful when I'm not playing it, I want to be playing it. I played piano and clarinet for years and then picked up a percussion position when I entered high school. I never got the hang of the flute, but when I picked this one up for fun at a local music shop, I was able to produce an amazing sound at first try. I saw it as a sign and the bamboo flute became mine. (And in case anyone is curious, this is the flute I have.)

I'm still not very good at it, but I'm improving! I have to work on my lung capacity, which became horrible after I stopped playing the clarinet, but perhaps when I become a bit better I'll make a video.










shirt, belt - thrifted ; skirt - H&M ; sandals - Target ;
hat - Minnetonka ; bracelets - Fish Creek Moccasin Works ; ring - vintage

9 comments:

Linda Famularcano said...

Good luck on improving on your flute-playing ability! And love this outfit, it's so cool and ethnic (^_^) x

http://thecurvygirlinthecorner.blogspot.com

Gracey at Fashion for Giants said...

Lovely outfit and I'm very impressed that you're teaching yourself to play the flute. I can't wait for the video!

Teddi said...

indy, how serendipitous that you found it, & it made a lovely sound the first try. you sound like quite the musician. i look forward to your video. these are lovely photos. you look beautiful. nice outfit. i like tge maxi skirt, the bracelets, ring, necklace, hat, belt, shoes, top...

Sarah Dee said...

I love your style! Cute skirt :)

♥Sarah♥
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Marisa Violeta said...

I wish I knew how to play the flute, it's so magical and dreamy :)


I love love your skirt ^^

KristiMcMurry said...

What a beautiful instrument! The rich color is so pretty. I have never been very musical, so I really admire those who have musical talent. Also, killer skirt!

Emily Peebles said...

I've played the flute (though not wooden) since I was in 6th grade and it really didn't take much time before I got the hang of it. It does require a lot of lung capacity though! Can't wait for a video in the future, good luck :)

Girl With A Pearl Earring said...

Good look with the flute. I love how flowy your outfit is and how green the background is.

chelsea said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I really like your style. It is so modern gypsy. Free and flowing, and I love the flute as well. I used to play flute in the 5th grade. I still remember some and sort of regret getting rid of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...