Saturday, June 30, 2012

well, the hangman says you've a pretty neck...


I took these photos at the same time of day as I took the ones from my last outfit post, sunset divination, because I wanted to see if I could capture those beautiful rays that turned up by happy accident last time (which actually turned that post into possibly my favorite one ever). I suppose the effect isn't the best for seeing the outfit I'm wearing this time, but I promise I'll wear this dress again soon.

I found this dress at a thrift store and bought it with the intention of shortening it. Then, when I put it on to take "before" photos, I hesitated before cutting it. It was so pretty, with the lovely bodice-like top and the pleats at the waist that I thought that the length wasn't too bad (it was a few inches above my ankles), so I decided against altering it. Then I never wore it and never wore it and then today came and I was trying on outfits in the mirror when I pulled this dress out of my closet. I put it on and got ready to go...and then I took it off and cut it. The length, I finally decided, after much mirror staring, was distracting and overwhelming on me. I made sure this time not to cut too much off, but I'm so glad that I decided to go ahead and do it.






dress - thrifted and DIY'd ; shoes - H&M ; crown - DIY'd ; jewelry - vintage

9 comments:

Sara S ♥ said...

I love the effect the light has on your photos! So pretty!
~Sara

Teddi said...

indy, i was wondering just the other day if you were ok, or just stopped blogging. you must be super busy. the photos look mysterious, but you're right that i can barely see the dress.

chelsea said...

I love your hair baubles. I have been taking to chopping off the bottoms of everything. Dresses, pants, mostly t-shirts.

MissKate said...

I am loving the stylized photos. Those are great.

Kate

Emily Peebles said...

The light in your photos is just lovely. I always hesitate to hem my thrift store dresses as well, but then end up never wearing them. I suppose it's better to just take the plunge like you said!

Anne said...

Your blog is so cool
I love your blog <3
Do you want to follow eachother?

http://www.movieanne.blogspot.com/

Love, Anne

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Gorgeous photos! Wonderful :)

K. said...

Beautiful pics! You look amazing!

Rick Droit said...

Aye Lass, The Hangman Be Right. .Cool Blog :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...