Monday, November 5, 2012

the soul is a dark forest

This crown was the "finishing" touch to my nymph/witch costume Halloween week, and ever since then I've been dying to bring it out again.  (Remember when I made it last year? I haven't worn it since!)  Now that my seasonal job has ended I have a bit of spare time to play around with my "dress up box" and it's so nice after pretty much neglecting it all summer.  Both this dress (worn as a top) and skirt were thrifted a few weeks ago when I was in Madison to visit B (of Sea Creatures).  This is actually her skirt that I have accidentally held onto far too long...anyways, I loved how the beautiful rich color of the dress was reflected in the flowers, and it was from that that observation that the pairing came to fruition.
   dress (worn as top), skirt - thrifted ; shoes - Charlotte Russe ; crown - DIY'd ; rings - Target

12 comments:

Milex said...

Your fashion sense is really good.

The Braided Bandit said...

These are stunning! I especially love the second one and the last one with the white kitty! The crown is amazing!
xo Hannah

Charlotte said...

Hello dear, nice outfit, your pictures have wonderful colors, my favorite is the last one, the cat is beautiful and your eyes are so dark and deep !
Kiss from Paris
Charlotte on Trip in my dressing

Mary Lou said...

wow this is incredible! you look like a mystic fairy. the crown is absolutely amazing and i could´t imagine anything more fabulous for autumn than velvet.
love and kiss,mary
http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

SomeoneLikeYou said...

Everything about this is breathtakingly haunting and memorizing. So, so beautiful...

Laura Go said...

this outfit and these photos are AMAZING. Glad that you got to bust out that gorgeous floral headband! It's beautiful!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

The Fashion Milkshake said...

Lovely post !

BEAUTIFUL !

And loving the fabrics :)

Love,

Janice
the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.com

Marsa said...

thank you for your comment! you look beautiful :)

happyleeliving.blogspot.com

seacreatures said...

you are totally gorgeous! and i'm in love with these photos.
so happy to see a new post, YOU ARE A HOTTTTIIIEEEE

<3 <3 <3

Ánderix said...

You look amazing, I love the flower crown and the last picture with the cat is just stunning :)
Kisses!

Emma said...

That headpiece is amazing Indy! I adore the colour especially with the velvet outfit. You really look like Aubrey Plaza in these photos! (I hope you don't mind me saying, it's a compliment as I think she's beautiful!)

Emma x

Teddi said...

artistic with a hint of haunting mystery. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...