Monday, January 14, 2013

the opposite of love's indifference

I thrifted this dress sometime last winter.  At the time it had shoulder pads and went down to about mid calf, but I bought it because of the promising color and the pretty buttons down the front.  I just recently cut the length off (the shoulder pads were probably removed within an hour after purchase) and deemed it ready for wear.  The bunched up collar is actually the part of the dress I cut off.  I decided to wear it like a scarf to help disguise the unfortunate neckline (V necklines are not my favorite...I'm more of a scooped neck sort of girl).
  dress - thrifted ; coat - H&M ; shoes - Charlotte Russe ; crown - DIY'd ; earrings - vintage

10 comments:

Mandy said...

Gorgeous dress! I love the color and the buttons and everything else about the outfit. I have a small pile of dresses I've been meaning to re-style and this is just the inspiration I needed!

xomando
http://mandatorycreations.blogspot.com

Laura Go said...

great work with the dress! i love the scoop neck a lot!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

the shop of worldly delights

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

Love the color of the dress so much!! The crown is so, so pretty!
~Sara

Romy said...

You did a great job buying and altering that dress, it looks reaaally cool ! x

Marlen said...

Oh this looks FANTASTIC! I love the crushed red velvet and i do that with thrifted dresses all the time- just chop off the hems. I LOVE shoulder pads though haha to each their own I guess. And I love your little twiggish looking crown- i think that was the cherry on top to this lovely outfit :)

Laura said...

That color is fantastic on you! I love how you transformed the dress. So perfect!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Imogen said...

Your dress amazed me. It is stunning!

Teddi said...

indy, did you cut the dress off at the collar, or the bottom? did you sew the bunched up part? it looks good whatever you did. i really like the whole outfit. well done! :)

Monja said...

greattt1 xo

Anonymous said...

AAAAAMAZE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...